Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mason the Chef

Yesterday, we were waiting on a new fridge to be delivered and I got bored (and hungry) so we decided to make cookies. Mason seemed interested, so I pulled a chair up and let him help. It was one of the best activities we have done together. He helped me measure the oats and chips and even poured them into the mixing bowl. Once the mixer was on, he liked watching it stir everything up. Once the first batch came out I let him taste test a cookie for me and he liked it. He loved the milk more, which isn't surprising since he LOVES milk and eventually chose milk over the cookie.



Overall it was a great day. I love having these moments with Mase and know that as he gets older they will only get better!

Tasting the Ingriedents




Waiting to add the flour


Mason with the Mixer



Thinking about eating the cookie



MMMM. GOOD!

2 comments:

  1. Mary,
    Some of my most fun times were baking cookies with Kate and "all my children." Wait til you start making sugar cookies and using cookie cutters! Yes, it will be a mess, but it will be well worth it! And PLEASE take that as a voice of experience! Love, Aunt Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Mary! I can't wait to do that with my own little guy or girl one day! You are an amazing mommy! I have something waiting for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete