Saturday, February 25, 2012

Aquarium

On Monday since Mason was out of school we decided to head to Chattanooga to hit the aquarium. The kids had a blast, although Reagan was a little nervous with the crowds. She loved looking at all the fish, turtles, birds. She is growing up so fast- we have been to aquariums before but this time she really got into it. Although this picture is blurry, I wanted to include it because they both loved looking at the penguins. Mason kept watching over and under the water to make sure he didn't miss anything.


We all enjoyed hanging out with the butterflies. (I know their faces don't show excitement, but they were watching where the butterflies were going)

Mason insisted on taking a picture with the penguin. He can be pretty persistent these days. (ha)
We ran into two of my college friends and their boys, Landon and Houston. So we explored the River building with them. Mason and Landon are exactly 1 week apart and they had a great time having us chase after them.
They also enjoyed playing hide and seek behind this giant turtle shell. :)
Around this time last year, I took the kids to the Aquarium in the Smokies, it was one of the first times I took them on a road trip by myself, and I can remember thinking, "Am I crazy." I think of how much the three of us have grown this past year. I think nothing of it now, hopping in the car, and heading out of an adventure. And I couldn't ask for two better partners in crime.

2 comments:

  1. It was great to read about your adventure! I've been following Tiffany's blog & that was neat that ya'll ran into each other! Sending love, Aunt Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE the turtle picture. i didnt get a good one of them behind it. i wish we lived closer i think the boys could be great friends. i love listening to them talk to each other. good seeing yall

    ReplyDelete