Saturday, June 5, 2010

Summer in Seattle

When we moved here, I remember people saying there was nothing like a sunny day in Seattle. Being from the south, I thought this was crazy- sunny days are amazing in Georgia and Tennessee, but I have to admit, when the sun comes out in Seattle- it.is.awesome. Everything is green, the sky is a shade of blue you can only imagine, and being outdoors makes the day memorable.

So today, in honor of our first sunny summer day, we went to Marymoor park. Mason had a blast on the slides, running around the play area and he even ventured to try the dinosaur rocker. Reagan even decided the sun was worth staying awake for. I think she's gonna be a summer child- she loved laying in the grass and watching the sky.

Here she is sporting her Georgia G like a southern gal, but soaking up the rays!
Mason came over to join her and see take a snack/water break!

Since I am always taking pictures, I rarely get to be in one, so I had Steve snap one of Reagan and I . This is our first pictures since she came home from the hospital.

Steve and Mason trying out the dinosaur rocker. Mason wasn't sure at first, but once it got going, he wasn't ready to get off.

Here's to hoping we get more sunny summer days in Seattle. Lord knows we need the vitamin D and color!

No comments:

Post a Comment