Saturday, July 24, 2010

Mason's Birthday Party

So I meant to blog little details about Mason's birthday before today, but time got away from me. So I'll start from the beginning. I really wanted to throw a monkey party, until I realized my little guy isn't into monkey's- he is into trucks. And seeing how it's his day, not mine, I changed my plans and went for the construction route. Here is his invitation. I got it on etsy and LOVED it!
I embroidered his shirt and I loved how it turned out. I found the truck online and then added the two into the dirt. I have made both of his birthday shirts and I want to continue this tradition.

I wanted something simple for favors- after all Mason and his friends are only two so I found these dump truck crayons on etsy and again fell in love with them. They were super cute and everyone walked away with crayons and a balloon.

Here is a truck up close. The lady I got them from was awesome and even wrapped them and added the thank you tag.

I thought and thought and thought about what to do as a cake for this party. I really wanted to make his cake, but again, with two kiddos my time is limited, so you can imagine my excitement when I found this idea on line. I just baked a cake, frosted it, and smeared crumbled oreo's on top and placed it inside one of Mason's trucks. Then I found cone candles at a local party store. Again, I was very pleased with how it turned out.

Here is Mason checking out his shirt. Sweet boy wouldn't look at the camera so I'm hoping some friends got better pics of him.


Reagan was awesome while I was setting up for the party. Here she is smiling at me, while I was setting up the tables.
Here is part of the party area. We decided to have the party at our house so that if need be Reagan could have her room and all her equipment (swing, pappizon, etc) We have a huge backyard so we set up tables, Mason's slides, swing, water table, basketball goal, and truck ramps. We ended up having 19 adults, 11 toddlers, and 2 infants at the party. I can't believe 30 people fit very comfortably in our backyard.

I took a ton of pictures of the kids playing and eating but I loved this one with a few of his friends. It looks like a double date.

After everyone left, we opened presents. Here is Mason after the destruction. We are very blessed to have our Seattle family to celebrate with!

3 comments:

  1. OH, Mary... how VERY, VERY, VERY CUTE! You let your creativity loose, but didn't get stressed by a 2 yr. old's party! What a GREAT job on the shirt! And above all, Mason had a wonderful party! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU! Love, Aunt Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. The party stuff looked so cute! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MARY!!!!! I love EVERY detail of Mason's party! The cake, the crayons, the decorations!! His shirt...everything is perfect. You are such a great mama - what a lucky little man. And your little lady is just gorgeous. Lots of love to you all. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete