Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Catch-up

It feels like forever since I have blogged, but life has been moving at full speed. December flew by for us. We moved into our new house on Dec.3, the pets came back to us on the 5th, the tree went up on the 6th and from then on out- we have been busy unpacking boxes, getting settled and trying to make it feel like the holidays for the kids. I felt like even if nothing else in their life made sense this month- I wanted them to feel the Christmas spirit for as long as we could. Here is a recap of our December:

We went to Comcast Christmas at Chilhowee Park for the tree lighting. It was a great night, a bit cold, but the kids loved the lights and Mason loved the ones that floated on the lake.



At the same park, we ran into the mascot for the Tennessee Valley Fair. Santa wasn't a big hit last year so I thought we would do a trial run with the chicken- only in TN!


Mason is really, really into trains, so when I heard that the UT Botanical Garden hosts a Christmas Express train every year I knew we had to go.
It was 4,000 square feet of model trains. He couldn't take his eyes off the tracks.

Even when I tried to get a shot of both kids together- Mason just couldn't look away. Reagan enjoyed it too, but was just as happy people watching.

One reason I am so happy to be back in Tennessee is the fact that Mason and Reagan will get to spend so much time with their TN cousins. He prefers to call them "my guys" even though Maggie reminds him, she is a girl. Here are the four amigos at my parents in front of the tree.

I love being able to witness my dad being a grandpa. He is great with the kids and they are equally crazy about him. as you can tell, Mase was not in the mood for a photo, but it was the best I could do.

This month, we have also had 2 snow falls. Unfortunately, Mason was sick for the first one and Reagan was sick for the second one so we didn't take them out to get a picture. I am hoping we will have one more so I can at least get Reagan in the snow.
We also went to Shadracks light display- which I highly recommend if you live near one. It is a drive thru light display and it was AWESOME. At the end there was a petting zoo and I brought my camera but never pulled it out.

We attended the Children's Mass at All Saints- here are M&R as we got ready to walk out the door. All in all it was a wonderful holiday season. Mason can even tell you that Christmas is "baby jesus's birthday" (we read a book about Christmas every night) I love that he is beginning to grasp the reason for the season. We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment