Thursday, January 13, 2011

First MDO

For the past two and a half years, Mason and I have been together, everyday. I have loved it. In Seattle, we took swim lessons, we had evergreen parent/baby class, toddler group and playgroup. We kept busy. I know we will find our niche in Knoxville, but while we make new friends and find new activities to keep us busy, I began to look into MDO (mother's day out). For my Seattle friends, MDO is a lot like part time preschool, typically it is held and organized through a church. You drop your child off and they stay from 9-2ish. Mason's class has 7 kids and 2 teachers. They do art, read books, play indoors, play outdoors, have themed weeks, etc. I think it is a nice transition into real school. I know the time is coming for Mason to start preschool, and I wanted to make sure he was ready.

Everyday for the past two years, we have been together. It was time to see how we would do apart. Today was our first day....

We both survived! Mase did great. We have talked about his new school for about 2 weeks now. We have read "Llama llama misses mama" almost everyday (good book if your child is about to start school). We were supposed to start on Tuesday but a snow day canceled school. So we began today. Reagan and I dropped him off, didn't make a fuss about leaving and walked out the door. I will admit, it was weird walking to the car with only one child. Reags and I ran to Kohls and then went home to have lunch and play. It was nice to be able to devote a whole afternoon to Reagan. BUT I was super excited to go pick Mason up. I only called once to check on him and he was doing awesome. He was excited to see us and most importantly we both made it a day without each other.


Here is Mase as we are getting ready to leave MDO- please note he just woke up from a nap so he is in a bit of a daze but look at that sweet lunch box and back pack. He is growing up so fast.


I couldn't forget Reags- so here she is in her Johnny Jumper.


I feel like a new mom. Today I was able to recharge my energy battery and for the first time in over 3 months- I got a craft project done- not one but TWO (they are belated christmas presents so I needed to get working on them but still) I feel great and I am ready to spend the whole day with my kiddos tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment