Monday, September 5, 2011

Beach Day 1

We got up bright and early on Friday to head out to the beach. Mason was SUPER excited- this was his FIRST trip to the beach. The first thing he wanted to do was swim in the ocean. So all four of us headed out to experience some waves. He seemed to really enjoy it, but Reagan wasn't really sure what to think. (it could have also been the life-jacket she had on-we were playing it safe). Steve and Mason stayed out while Reagan and I relaxed on the beach.

Reagan was trying to give Mason his hat.
(this coming from the girl who would only keep hers on for 5 minutes)

She did not know what to think of the beach. She wasn't a fan of the water, or really the sand. I was worried it maybe a long weekend, but she soon warmed up to both!

We spent the morning making a sandcastle.

Complete with a moat.

We decided to ditch the life-jackets which made going back and forth from the water to sand a whole lot easier. Collecting more water for the sandcastle.
We spent the afternoon with our Aunt Cherry and cousin Kate. We walked along the beach and collected seashells, and just enjoyed catching up. We had such a great time- I forgot to bring my camera. (arrgghhh). We also learned that if Reagan had her crocs on, she was super happy.
I have many found memories from my youth of my aunt cherry at the beach with us. It warms my heart that my kiddos will have some of those same memories.


That night, we went out to dinner at Salt Life (YUMM-O). If you are ever in Jax Beach- you have to go. It was fabulous. After dinner, we headed back to the beach so we could get a few pics of M & R together.

This is my favorite.

What a great first day of vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment