Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

I remember exactly where I was when I heard about the WTC. I remember who I was talking too and everything I did that day. But more importantly I remember how much I learned from that day- that nothing, should be taken for granted, especially the ones you love. So to honor 9/11 and everyone who lost someone that day we spent the day as a family enjoying the little moments in life. We started the day at church, headed to lunch and then came home to do what kids do best...PLAY. Which included a first for us- painting at home. I know, we should do this way more often- but the mess has always worried me, but today, I didn't even think about the mess, I just thought about what a great time they would have. And they did! Check it out for yourself.

Mason painting his police car from the Lowe's Build and Grow clinic yesterday.

Reagan painting a surf board we brought home from FL (courtesy of Aunt Cherry!)

She wasn't sure what to think about painting.


I love Mason's smile in this one. TOTALLY worth the mess!

Showing off her masterpiece.

Mason was proud of his surf board and police car
(so much so that he didn't want to quit looking at them to show me!)

oh, Mason! What am I going to do with you?! LOVE!
I hope you spent your day celebrating the ones you love and remembering how precious life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment