Sunday, November 20, 2011

Taking Seattle by Storm

Before we head home for the holiday's I figured I should get caught up on the blog!

We spent the first week in November visiting Seattle. Steve had a conference at Microsoft so we decided to tag along. I seriously could not have asked for a better week. We got to visit with old friends, laugh, play, and overall have a wonderful time. I can't believe how much it felt like home, although at the same time, we missed Tennessee. It feels weird to consider two places "home" at one time, but then again, we have only been gone a year, and Seattle will forever hold so many memories for us. I think a part of my heart will always consider it home no matter how much time passes. I was proud that I remembered my way around. I was happy to see Mason recognize his old friends and take up playing just as easily I was able to pick back up with their moms. I was overjoyed for Reagan to get to interact with so many people who welcomed her into the world with open and loving arms, our family when our family was across the country.

We opted to stay on the Eastside and for the most part avoid the normal tourist spots. We had seen them dozens of times; even Mason and Reagan had been to the space needle. So we stuck with activities that centered around the kids; the zoo, the amazing parks, the falls, lunches and dinners with friends, and of course, a little shopping.

The time flew by and before we knew it, it was time to leave. I wasn't ready to say goodbye, but I was ready to get home. Get back to our routine, our life, our home. I said it when we moved away and I will say it again, we'll be back Seattle. Until then sending some southern love your way.
Be ready for picture overload.

So we didn't take too many pictures at the zoo- 7 kiddos, 4 mama's. It was fun but WILD. The original 4 all took pics on the lion.
The 3 "seconds" just hung out taking in all the big brother/big sister action.

I remember moving to WA, how in awe I was of how tall trees can grow.
I want Mason to always remember that feeling.

Look at that face. He is at home with his buds.


The tire swing.

We had a blast hanging with Creede, Josie and Will.
Will is our oldest buddy. We have known him since 3 days young.
I think Reagan maybe crushing on creede too
(it doesn't hurt that he was a robot for Halloween- AND I was crushing him)

Loving the group pic!

Reagan was a trooper, totally off schedule, napping in the car, and rolling with the punches.

It did help that she LOVES her backpack.

Oh the falls! It was misty and overcast, but the experience was amazing for Mase!

No comments:

Post a Comment