Thursday, October 22, 2009

15 months later...

(this picture is from today- he was kinda grumpy from his shots but he wanted to play with his cookie jar from cousins Thomas and Mags- it made him smile)

Today, we had Mason's 15 month check up. He weighs 23.4 lbs, is 30 1/4 inches tall (both in the 25 percentile) and his head is 48 (however they measure that) which is the 75 percentile. Which means...he is growing into his head! He has faithfully been in the 95 percentile for his head since the day he was born, but finally it is leveling out. This makes mommy happy!


Besides walking, running, climbing and getting into everything- some other fun things Mason is now doing include talking. He LOVES to hold things out to you (a block, a ball, silverware) and say "what's this? He says it all the time. He has also discovered the word "snack" which he uses to mean any meal or food. He says snack for breakfast, lunch or dinner, but you can see the pride in his eyes when I say "oh your hungry" and get him something to nibble on. I think the new development, Steve and I are most proud of is that you can say to Mason, "are you ready for a nap? (laydown, bed, etc) and he will say "yes" go to the gate and wait for you to open it so he can climb the stairs to his room. My little genius. I know every mom says it, but this is my blog so I can say too :) Those are probably the biggest developments we have had or atleast the ones that stand out to me.

1 comment:

  1. hey mary,
    I cant believe Mason is talking actual words already. I have two year olds at MDO that dont even do the things Mason is doing. That's awesome!! You must have a smarty on your hands.

    ReplyDelete