Saturday, October 17, 2009

Busy Busy Bees

Sorry it has been so long since I blogged. Things have been going nonstop here! Here are some highlights from the last 3 weeks!

DECK:

We have thought about replacing our deck for a little over 3 years (pretty much since we moved in). Well, this summer, we finally decided it was time. So we called up my folks (aka the GREATEST parents in the world) and asked if they would be willing to help. They of course said yes, which isn't surprising except for the fact that we live in Seattle and they live in TN. So we have planning since July. In late August, Steve and I started tearing it down to make some headway before their week of work in October. We haven't had a deck for over 6 weeks now, and it was starting to get to me. I thought it may never get done, but they arrived on October 9, we worked our tails off and as they flew away today, I was at peace with the work we had done. We have a deck, and railing and a set of stairs. That leaves one set of stairs for Steve and I to do and then it is complete forever! YEAH!!! We were very blessed that the Seattle rain held off for most of their visit and we were able to get so much done. I will post pictures once the rain stops so you can see how awesome it looks.


MASON ACTIVITES:
Mason and I try to stay pretty active. We have a scheduled activity every day but Friday which is our "free day". I love having an activity to get us out of the house especially as the rain begins, but it is also sometimes hectic. Trying to get myself and a 15 month old to anyplace on time, is hard and tiring but we do it! Here is Mason at toddler group- we go once a week to class with 17 other 12-24 month olds. We have snack, do art, sing songs, play with playdo and play with all the different toys, slides, gyms that toddler group offers. We love it! Mason already knew some buddies in class but he has also met some great new friends.


here is Mason in his little chair getting ready for art (we also eat snack in these chairs:


He also really enjoys climbing on the stairs to the slide. He doesn't like to go through the red tunnel so he just smiles as me from the other side!

That is all I can think of for now. After a week of working on the deck I am done! Thanks again, mom and dad, you are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment