Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dear Baby Girl

I have thought about writing this letter for a very long time. At least 2 1/2 years ago, when I first found out I was pregnant with your brother. I have always known I wanted to be a mommy and growing up with sisters, I always thought I would have a little girl. When I found out your brother was a boy, I was a little sad, but I was also excited at the new adventures ahead of me! Then, when we found out I was pregnant with you- I had zero expectations. I just wanted you to be healthy, plus I thought deep down you were a boy- so when they said you were a girl- I can't even describe my excitement. I can not wait to share so many girlie things with you- so many things that will be our little bond.

I hope you know how excited we are for you to join us in May. I talk to your brother everyday about you and I try to explain where you are. I don't get as much alone time with you as I did with Mason, but when he is asleep and I just sit on the couch, I can feel you and I love these moments we get to share together. You are already so different from Mason, you are much more active , you squirm everytime they try to get a picture of you or hear your heartbeat. You don't like thai food and you like to make mommy's emotions go crazy. I can't wait to meet you, but we still have a lot to do before you arrive- so if you would help mommy by not making me too tired- I'd appreciate it, but I also want you to keep growing- so you do your thing and we'll get everything else ready. Until next time, baby girl. I love you.


Mommy


1 comment:

  1. Dear Baby Girl,

    What a very special bond your Mommy already has with you! She has waited for you and I can already tell you will fit right in with your family. You'll have a big brother to watch over you, a mommy who will want to share all those girlie things and memories of times with her sisters, and a daddy who's heart you will melt the first time he holds you. YOU ARE BLESSED! Sending love your way, (Great) Aunt Cherry

    ReplyDelete