Saturday, December 5, 2009

Back to Reality- Recap of the last 2 weeks

Mason and Steve hanging out at SeaTac before our flight!

On November 17, Steve, Mason and I flew out to Tennessee and that my friends is where we have been for the past 18 days! We had the best time, visiting with family, catching up with old friends, and just enjoying our time together. It was time for a break from Seattle. The sun only shined 1 day the entire month of November in Seattle (and I think it was while we were gone) I was ready to leave- I needed sun, some mom loven, and home cooking! Steve was ready for a break too and we couldn't have asked for a better vacation. We got to spend a few quiet days in Belvidere before the madness began. We met up with my old roomies in Chattanooga where we got to meet baby Cameron and get to see LeAnn's kids as well.

Kaitlyn, Noah and Mason soaking up some rays!

Abby, Cameron, Mason and I before leaving Chatt for the day

Steve and Mason discovering the fountains at Coolidge Park

We spent the next week- celebrating thanksgiving day with 35 families members, running up to Nashville to celebrate Steve's great aunt's 90th birthday, and celebrating two additional thanksgivings with other relatives. (all within 4 days of each other)We also had a family photo shoot and once we get the pictures back I will post them!

Mason on Thanksgiving Day!

Steve left on Tuesday to return to work and Mason and I stayed to get in some extra vacation time. We drove back to Chattanooga to spend the day the Abby and Cameron and that night we met up with two UTC friends for dinner. It was probably one of the best days of my vacation. I haven't had hours to just hang out with old friends in a long time and it is always nice to know you can pick up where you left off! Our friendships are still strong even after 8 long years apart! Mason and I also headed up to Nashville to visit my sister and then we flew out on Friday. Our flights were good- minus the passenger next to me, choking and not being able to breathe. Another passenger performed the Heimlich. I don't think my heart rate has been that high in a long time! We are happy to be back home and our tree is up! I will post more pictures soon- just wanted to give you a quick update on us!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mary,

    Looking forward to hearing more about your Tenn. trip! I like Mason's little orange hat! Did you make it? Sending love and anxiously awaiting more pictures and updating! Aunt Cherry

    ReplyDelete