Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Needing a little privacy

When we went for Mason's 18th month appointment, our pediatrician suggested we get a potty, and have it around for about a month before trying to introduce Mason to it. His thought was that if the potty became a part of Mason's life, he would be less scared of it. So we bought a potty last weekend. Dr. G. suggested putting it in the living room with his toys, but Mason being the loader and unloader that he is, started to put toys in it, so we decided it would be best to bring the potty to the bathroom and have it there. Since I go ALL the time, we thought Mason could sit on it when I go. This has been working great- he sits fully clothed and waits for me to finish.


Today however, Mason was playing upstairs and I heard the bathroom door slam. He had shut himself in the bathroom- so I went to open the door and to my surprise this is what I found!




Not only was he sitting on the potty by himself, he was not happy that I interrupted his alone time. He quickly got up, and slam the door in my face.



When I opened it again, he was again sitting on the potty. I guess everyone needs some privacy!

PS. Sorry I have been slow to update. I am tired. Pretty much all the time. But we are working through it and I am learning to nap with Mason.


1 comment:

  1. Great Idea about him sitting when you do! I've done that with "all my children", you don't usually have your privacy anyway with them around:)! Love, Aunt Cherry

    ReplyDelete