Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sneak Peak- Beanette's Room

Mason and I spent the last week and half sick. It was our first cold of the season so I am very grateful that we have stayed healthy so long, but it finally hit us. Mason lost his appetite and lived off of smoothies made by me. He loved them and as long as it was getting in fluids, yogurt, fruit and veggies. I didn't care. I just wanted him to get better. We stayed home for 10 days. 10 days is a long time with no contact from the outside world. We were both going stir crazy, but I am happy to report we are better and heading to toddler group this morning! With all that extra home time on my hands, I decided to start knocking things off my beanette to do list. Starting with the paintings for her room.

I found some on etsy that I loved, but now that we are a one income family, I felt like I should try to make them before spending money on something that wasn't essential. I don't like to brag on my self, but I love them! I am so happy I decided to make them because it makes them that much more special for her. Since her bedding has birds on it. I did a painting with two trees and then added small accent paintings with branches, birds, and owls. I think it really helps to give her room some color (we have brown walls and espresso furniture). I also really wanted to paint her initials on the wall, but the more I thought about it, we aren't going to live here forever and that would mean painting before trying to sell our house so I decided to paint those on canvas too. They hang over her crib and I promise once a name is decided you will get a preview of the initials. For now, the M for Marlowe is complete and that is it.

So here they are!








Mason loves spending time in her room and likes to hang out in her closet (we don't have the doors on yet) I couldn't resist snapping a picture of big brother and his love for sisters closet!


We are getting really close to having her room complete. Once it is, I will upload more pictures so you can see the entire room complete! Until then, hope these keep you curious!

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE the paintings! they look adorable and are much more special because you made them for her! can't wait to see the finished nursery!

    ReplyDelete