Wednesday, March 31, 2010

She has a name

Sorry, I have meant to post this announcement since Saturday, but things are getting really busy really quick here! So (drum roll please) SHE HAS A NAME!!!! Woo Hoo. Of course, we still aren't sharing until she is born but her initials are R.K.M. I have already painted the R and M in her room and plan to finish the K by Friday- then I will post pictures of the nursery. (It is really the last incomplete thing in for the room.

Beside picking her name, we finally finished taking all the old wood from our old deck (yes, the deck we replaced in October) to the dump! Our backyard is debris free and I am so excited for that. You would not imagine how many loads we have taken and I have to give props to Steve, because I haven't been able to help the last three times, so he has had to load everything by himself. I do help unload at the dump since you are just throwing it and not having to carry it far, but still. It has been a huge task for us and I couldn't have done it without him.

Also, my sweet mama friends in the Pacific Northwest, hosted a baby shower for us this weekend. It was a wonderful afternoon getting to spend time with the ladies (minus kiddos) and get to celebrate and focus on Baby R. She got a lot of wonderful books, some clothes and other small things, but mostly books. I was so excited because our current book collection consists mainly of trucks and farm animals- things I know baby girls will love too, but I wanted some more tender books as well. Mason is thrilled with the addition to our collection and continues to take them off her shelf, so needless to say, I pick up her room once a day! HA!

Well, he is done for a nap, and I need to get going on my to do list. Only a few more weeks to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment