Friday, April 2, 2010

Playdate at the Farm

Editor's Note: Our playgroup faithfully meets on Thursdays. Thursday is probably one of my favorite days of the week for this reason. I love getting to watch Mason play with his buddies while I get to chat with all the mama's! We have really become great friends over the last year and I can't imagine a week going by without seeing these ladies. )


Yesterday we headed out to a local farm to let the kiddos see all the animals. I love this farm, because it's kind of a hidden gem on the eastside- it is never crowded and it's free. Two of my favorite things! Needless to say the kids had the best time! They got to see chickens, turkeys, a giant pig, 5 day old piglets, bunnies, goats, sheep, and horses. We were there almost two hours and they ran around the entire time. I brought Mason a second outfit thankfully, the boy spent a lot of time on his knees looking at animals or letting me know he wanted to be carried! He was so excited to see the animals and get to pet some of them. His favorite was probably the pig- he kept running back to her. The weather wasn't the greatest (it was chilly and sprinkled off and on) but we were all prepared and the kids didn't seem to mind the weather. I can't wait for summer so we can go back and have a picnic and bring baby sister!








Mason ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment