Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tulip Festival

Every year the Skagit Valley has an annual Tulip Festival. We have never made it, but this year I was determined to go. Mason loves flowers, plants, trees, etc. So I thought this would be a trip he would really enjoy. Plus, I wanted one last adventure before Baby R arrived. Originally, I wanted to go as a family, but Steve has had to take a lot of time for Drs. appointments, so when a mom friend asked if we wanted to go, I jumped on the chance. (plus I don't think Steve was super excited about going) I am so glad we went. Mason had a blast. He loved running free in gardens and fields. Here are a few of my favorite moments.

Mason found this frog and kept riding on him. It took a LONG time to get him away from the frog.


Mason and his buddy, Ryan, checking out the tulips. I love how excited Mason is over flowers. It reminds me to appreciate the little things.


They had Llama's. What else can I say. Boy's love animals.
Notice the outfit change. We went to two different fields and right before leaving the first field, Mason fell in a HUGE mud puddle. He had mud all over his back side. Of course, he wanted to be picked up- so I ended up with mud all over me. Luckily, I had packed a second outfit so we were good to go.
Always remember to stop and smell the tulips. Happy Spring!

2 comments: