Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dear Mason

(I wrote this post about 3 weeks ago, just in case Baby R came early. As I read over it again tonight, my eyes filled with tears. I can't believe tomorrow we are meeting our little girl. See you soon, baby.)

Tonight is your last night as our only child. I have said this a million times before, but you have no idea, sweet boy, how much your world is going to change in the next 24 hours. But I want you to know, mommy and daddy love you, and that will never change. You might be worried that grandma Kathy is watching you while mommy and daddy are away- after all tomorrow will be the first night we are away from you. You might be scared when you go to the hospital and see mommy laying in a bed. You might be nervous when we bring in your sister for the first time for you to meet, but just know we will make it through this as a family.



I can promise you there will be times that you wish it was just you, mom and dad again. I can promise you that you and sister will have good times together, but you may also have some rough times. I can promise you, you won't always get along or see eye to eye. But I can also promise you that from now on, you will forever have a friend, a compainon, someone to talk to, and share childhood memories with. Someone who will one day help you make decision concerning me and dad. I can promise you that after tommorow your life will forever change, but I am hopeful that this change will only make your life better!



Get ready to meet your little sister.

All my love-

your mommy!



"Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet." Vietnamese Proverb

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Praying for you all TODAY and anticipating another sweet child into our family! Love, Love, and more love, Aunt Cherry

    ReplyDelete