Sunday, August 22, 2010

Big Boy Bed

I haven't wanted to say much, but since we have passed the one week mark without incident, I am ready to share......Mase is OFFICIALLY in a big.boy.bed! I am so excited.
We made the switch last Sunday and although he was really excited to be able to get in and out on his own, that first nap was a little rough. I didn't know if we were ready, but when he woke up, we talked about how big brothers sleep in big boy beds and apparently that was all he needed to hear. He has walked around the house saying "big boy bed, big boy bed" all.week.long. I have to remember to get Steve to video it, because it is absolutely the sweetest thing ever.
Mason has always been an amazing sleeper- he asks to go take a nap (not every day but it does happen often), he goes down every night between 7:30-8 pm and doesn't get up until about 7am. He rarely wakes in the middle of the night and when he does, I think it's a bad dream so I hold him for one song and lay him back down and he goes back down. And switching to the bed hasn't changed this. It is fabulous.


Although he isn't in focus in this picture- I love that it looks like he is dancing!

So our next challenges are potty training and loosing the bink. We will take our time on these.
Until then, I'll just be happy with our new bed!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! He is a big boy! You keep doing what you are doing naturally and the bink and potty training will go as smooth! I'm SO PROUD of all of you! Love, Aunt Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. im pretty sure were going to have to change Landons crib into the toddler bed this weekend. he is climbing in and out of it all the time. he sleeps so good im just so worried its going to mess him up but i guess im going to have to change it at some point. im glad mase did good gives me hope for landon. i will let you know. i cant believe our boys are old enough for this. where does the time go? we still have a bink as well mostly at nap and bed time and potty training not going so well. he tells me when he has a pee pee or poo poo just after he does it not before. so he gets the concept at least.

    ReplyDelete