Saturday, August 14, 2010

The kid with the bucket on his head

Mason loves to play this game, where he takes a bucket, puts it on his head and says "mommy, mommy"

I will turn toward him, see the bucket on his head and say, "oh no, where is mason? Where did he go?" He then laughs, takes the bucket off his head and continues to put it back on and play the game again, and again and again. This typically goes on for I don't know, 30 minutes or so.


Well, yesterday I was cooking dinner, and we began our game. I continued sauteing my onions and kept up my end "where's mason? Mason, where are you?" Then he came over to my leg, started tapping and saying "Rae? Rae? Rae?" (his name for Reagan) I kept cooking and said, she's in her pappison chair. Suddenly, something told me to turn around and to my surprise this is what I saw.



Our poor daughter with a bucket over her head. Surprisingly she didn't seem to mind, so I grabbed the camera to capture this moment. He was SO proud of himself, and I have to say including his sister into a mommy-mason game touched my heart. He wants her to be apart of our fun, our laughs, our lives. Let's just keep the bucket off her head for awhile, Mase!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute Mary!!! I can't wait to see how they bond as they get older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny!!!!! I love those kids and their mommy! And daddy! Thanks for sharing a smile in your lives! Love, Aunt Cherry'

    ReplyDelete