Thursday, June 9, 2011

Reagan's Birthday- All the Details

Seriously, I have been dying to write this post. But I was waiting for our pictures to come in and I got them in the mail today. I LOVED planning for Reagan's party. The "theme" was a combination of cupcakes and the colors pink and brown. The entire party was planned around a skirt I bought her from Janie and Jack about a month after I found out I was pregnant with a girl. When I bought it I knew she would wear it on her first birthday and she did! It was light pink with ribbons sewn on. I had my work cut out for me planning around a skirt, but I wouldn't change a single detail. We had the party at my parent's farm, where Mason had his first birthday two years earlier. It was a warm April day and everything turned out perfect.

Here are all the details:
I know there are tons of great vendors on etsy. I loved how everything turned out so I am including links as a shout out to all the great shops/owners I worked with!

the invitations came from Less Ordinary Designs
I made the banners with the help of a cropping class at Scrappin' in the City. I seriously sat in front of a cricket for 6 hours making everything. It was a lot of fun to make them and a great night out for me!
The Poms came from PomLove. They were easy to put together and a fun addition to the party. I put one upside down on a pedestal as a table decoration too.
The cupcake toppers came from Anna and Blue Paperie.
I made Reagan's cupcake shirt and I love it. I couldn't help, but include a picture of bro and sis as he gives her a "hug."
Yes, Reagan had a pony at her party. And no, she did not ride it. But I knew there would be older kids that might enjoy it and my aunt and uncle own horses, so they were sweet enough to bring Stubby down for the party. I can't thank the Cleek's enough for the horses. It was such a fun treat!
This is a collage of some of my favorite moments from the party. The best investment of the day was having a photographer there to capture all these moments. I did not take one.single.picture. I loved being able to enjoy the day and celebrate my sweet girl. Thank you, Paula from Storyteller Photography for capturing ALL of these moments. I will never forget a single detail of the day- thanks to you!

This is one of my favorite pictures from the day. I love seeing the difference in their heights. I forgot to take off Reagan's skirt while she ate her cupcake so she is just in her bloomers!
All of these amazing pictures are courtesy of Storyteller Photography. Seriously, if you are in middle TN (Winchester area) USE HER! She was great.
Happy 1st Birthday, Reagan. I hope you had as much fun enjoying the day as I had planning it!

1 comment:

  1. Mary, thank you so much for your kind words and I LOVE how you've arranged all the images! I enjoyed every minute of photographing Reagan's party and meeting all of you. The party was fantastic and had so many wonderful details. Anytime you need an event photographer count me in! And I still say if you ever come back to this area we need to collaborate!

    Mucho hugs~ Paula

    ReplyDelete