Thursday, April 19, 2012

thankful thursday- consignment edition

Last night I went to the private sale for duck duck goose. I came home with tons of great bargains, including a dollhouse bookcase for Reagan. I also snagged a Dora Backpack and Diego Rescue Pack, I knew the kids loved Diego and Dora and it was something small that I thought they might enjoy.

That is the understatement of the year. They were both so excited, Mason kept saying, "I love it, mommy. Thank you so much. This is the best day.I love it. " And in his eyes, it was. We try not to spoil the kids with too many toys but on the rare occasion I will pick something up for them without a reason and it's on those days- when I get to remember what it was like to be a child and think that something so small to us as adults, would mean the world to them. It was a magical moment for him and for me. It made me a remember that they are special years and that I don't always need to be in a hurry, or have things done a certain way. I can just enjoy my kids in this moment because a $5 consignment toy won't always make their world go round. But they will always remember that they were loved and cherished.

Reagan and her backpack.

Mason and his over the top happy smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment