Monday, April 30, 2012

Minniepallooza (the Details of Reagan's Minnie Party)

Before I even begin, I have to say, I know I went over board. I know that some may say I raised the bar high for future birthdays, but I love crafting. It's how I destress, unwind. It's my creative outlet. plus there were TONS of ideas and I just couldn't narrow it done so I did all that I could. I hope you enjoy. I had fun making everything and the kids had a blast in "minnie land."

It all started with the invite. I made Minnie pouches with an invite insert. I knew I was in trouble once I made these- Minnie was going to take over my life!

When you arrived at the party, this clubhouse sign with balloons greeted you. The Minnie wreath was hanging from the front door. 

I made signs for all the play stations around the house. We had Minnie's Kitchen, Minnie Clubhouse, Minnie's Bowtique (a playhouse), Choo Choo Express, and a Minnie Bag Toss.

This was the table for presents. I used a white tablecloth and red and white polka dot wrapping paper down the middle to make it more festive. Super easy! I had fun making Minnie centerpieces- three Styrofoam circles painted black, and I found the small red tin buckets at JoAnn's. My friend has the Mickey Mouse cartridge so I borrowed it to make the banner.

The Minnie Pinata was probably my favorite thing to make! I thought it was going to be a lot harder than it was, but it came together in less than 3 hours. Since Reagan was only turning two, I taped ribbon to the bottom and made it a pull pinata instead of one that you beat with a bat- I didn't want anyone to end up at the hospital. We took down the swings before the party and used their hindges to hang it.

The Minnie Bag Toss is the one thing I can take total credit for, I came up with it on my own and I was happy it turned out.


For favors I made Minnie and Mickey Ears for all the kiddos and Mouse Oreo Pops. The Ears were a labor of love, they took forever and now I know why people charge so much on etsy, but they turned out fabulous. Luckily, I found a mama who had already made them and pinned her directions. You can find them here. The oreo pops were a lot easier to make than I thought and they were super cute. 

I LOVED seeing all those bows lined up!


The food table! The party was from 2-4 so I just made snacks- watermelon, grapes and berries, goldfish and chips and dips. 

I got the mouse bowls on clearance at Target after Christmas (apparently they were a holiday item), I cut out watermelon in the shape of mickey ears and we had cupcakes for everyone.
I made two different cupcakes- red with white polka dots and white with Minnie ears and a red bow.

 It wouldn't be a southern party without sweet tea. I took a twist on the original and make fruit tea. It was delicious! Juice boxes and water were also up for grabs!

Final details- the outfit! My friend, Julie makes headbands, so I asked her if she could try a Minnie one and she nailed it! Reagan isn't great about keeping her hair accessories in but Minnie made it the entire party. I made her shirt and my sweet cousin helped me make her skirt. I was one proud mama. She looked amazing and so old. can she really be 2?!?! The black and white polka dot shoes were just the icing on the cake!



And of course, big brother had a shirt to match the party.

I think that's all. Minnie has left the building. (until my next post about the actual party) HA!

3 comments:

  1. Mary, you are just amazing! So creative and so talented. I'd shoot your birthday parties just so I got to come :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, this is so cute! The cupcakes look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be the CUTEST idea ever!! I'm going to have to figure out how to get you to Memphis to plan my kid's parties--when I have him/her;-)

    ReplyDelete