Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Catching Lightning Bugs

This past weekend we headed to Belvidere for the Knapper family reunion. It's a great opportunity to reconnect with family that you don't get to see often due to distance and schedules. Our Florida family made the trip up and brought with them a few special guests (3 boys) Mason and Thomas were in heaven. I think it was the first time EVER that boys out numbered girls.

Tennessee has one thing Florida doesn't have...lightning bugs. The boys were excited to catch them, and a part of my childhood was brought back. I was transported back to my youth when we did the exact same thing, at the exact same house. (it wasn't my parents yet) and I know this is something we will now do every trip home. I forgot how much fun it was.

I don't think Mason will let me forget that for a long time.

Jack was a great lightning bug catcher and he was so sweet to share with Mason.

I think Mason found a new best friend!

My Aunt Cherry gave me a great idea to use the lightning bugs as a night light. It made the night that much more magical and in the morning Mason was excited to release them and watch them fly away.
I didn't get a picture of all the kids together- I was so bummed. All three boys were so great and patient with Mason and Reagan. And they all seemed to have a blast. We'll have to get together next time we head to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment