Thursday, August 16, 2012

First Day of School

Yesterday, we headed off to our first day of Preschool for Mason, and Mother's Day Out for Reagan. Both kiddos were super excited to head to school- so much so, we left 25 minutes early (school is about 10 minutes away from our house) so we were early.  Mason ran right into his class, put up his backpack and started playing. He did awesome and is very happy with his teacher, Mrs. Newman. Reagan was just as excited to head to school, but once we got there, she became a little less happy and a little more nervous. She walked into her classroom, put up her backpack, and slowly started to play. When I left though, there were tears. It was a short day as parents attended orientation in the church and when I returned I am happy to report, she was playing, no tears, all smiles! When I asked her if she wanted to come back she said yes! I think it's going to be a good year.

Leaving for school. ALL SMILES!

I asked them to turn around so I could get a look at their backpacks. 
Reagan decided to pose instead. 

Mason and his teacher. 

Just for fun. Here is Reagan and Mason both on their first day of Mother's Day out.
PS. I have to say, mom (me) did pretty well too. I only shed two small tears when I dropped Reagan off. I can't believe how old she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment