Thursday, September 6, 2012

It's Been A While

I know, I know, it has been three weeks since I last posted. Life has been crazy! The hubs had to head to California for a week for work and it happened to fall during UTK's sorority recruitment (which I volunteered to help) so needless to say- it was a busy, busy week. And I think it took another one to recover from it!
Lucky for me, I have amazing sweet parents who live close enough and were willing to come up and help out for a few days. The kids always love having Papa and Grandma Kathy around, and my sweet, sweet dad, helped finish up some projects we had on the back burner. You may remember we bought a play structure back in February, well we decided to add a house onto the bottom part so the kids would have another place to play. Steve made the floor a few months back and then we slowly added the walls. But we hadn't finished the counters or the door and it was driving me crazy. I am happy to say it is finished! My dad did an awesome job on the door and he even had time to stain the whole thing for us.  I know we would have eventually finished it, but it is nice to have it done and the kids LOVE it!

Reagan testing out the new door. We decided to go with a butler type door so that it wouldn't make it too dark and it is under the slide so that would have made it more tricky.

The window! The house has two and M & R love them.

We made two of the walls- half walls with little window sills so they could play diner, or talk in and out of house.

I love it, but more importantly Mason and Reagan love it! We play everyday outside in the house.
Thanks Papa (andy) and Dad (steve) both of your hard work paid off and the house looks AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment