Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Magical Moments

We recently returned from 4 day/nights at Disney World and the Art of Animation Resort. To say we had a wonderful time, is really an understatement. I can't remember the last time, we spent so much time together as a family laughing, having fun and just being. We had minimal distractions- little TV, internet and phone calls. That alone was a wonderful break, but pair it with spending time with my three favorite people in the world and it was magical memories that I will forever cherish. It was my first trip to Disney since 2000 and the very first trip for Steve, Mason, and Reagan.
I plan to write a couple entries about the trip, but I wanted to start with what I liked to think of as magical moments. These are small moments that I caught myself smiling and thinking I want to always remember their look at this very moment.

Arriving at Art of Animation

I think this was a magical moment for us all. The hotel is amazing, beautiful, breathtaking, UNFORGETTABLE. You literally walk into Finding Nemo, and Cars. (we never made it to the other two sections so I can't speak for them) Mason and Reagan were both in heaven. Every day we said good morning to McQueen, Mater, Doc, Sheriff, and at night we made a loop around the area to look at all the neon and say goodnight to our dear friends. Many days they were greeted with hugs from Mason and Reagan, something I will never forget.

Our room was literally located in the Wheel Well Motel. How cool is that?!?!


Phone call from Goofy

When we came back from the Magic Kingdom the first day, our phone was blinking- I didn't think anything of it, because who would call us at Disney? It must be a mistake. But Steve listened and then replayed it on speaker for Mason. Goofy called to welcome us to Disney World and give us a special welcome on our first trip to Disney. The look in his eyes and the sound of his voice were pure magic. He exclaimed "Goofy must have seen me at Disney Junior (what he referred to all parks as) with my button. Can we make him a card tomorrow to say thank you?" Honest, pure innocents. I hope you hang onto to Mase for a long time because it reminds me to take nothing for granted.

Minnie Mouse

If you regularly read my blog, you know Reagan loves Minnie. She had a minnie party for goodness sake. So I was so excited to see how she would react to meet the real Minnie Mouse. Little did I know, characters would scare her to pieces. Literally. It got better as the week went on, but on the morning we had breakfast at Chef Mickey's, she wanted nothing to do with her best bud. So much so, that Steve took her away from the table to help calm her down. I mentioned to Minnie when she saw the two empty chairs that our little girl loved her but was scared of her. She nodded, and that was that. Or so I thought. Later on as Minnie was talking with another table, she saw Steve and Reagan were back and that Reagan wasn't paying much attention. So she walked up behind them and posed so I could get a picture of Reagan with her Minnie. I know it seems small, and silly to consider this a magical moment, but Minnie, it meant the world to me. Later when we were going through pictures from the day, Reagan said "that's me and Minnie. I love Minnie." Thanks Minnie, for taking the time to remember a scared little girl.

Parades

I remember Disney Parades from my own childhood- how fun it was to see so many characters at once, the music, the dancing, and the electric parade. It's spectacular. All of them. So we did as many as we could and each time, Mason's face lit up with joy. 

Farewell Surprise

On Friday morning, we got up bright and early, ate breakfast and headed to the car to begin our journey home. Little did we know, Donald Duck and Rapunzel (Mason and Reagan's favorite characters) snuck into our car and left a little surprise waiting for them to enjoy on their way home. We had them get in one at a time so we could video their reactions. Mason couldn't believe Donald left him a little something to remember him by and since then, Mason and Donald have been inseparable. Rapunzel knowing how important friends are, left her best friend, Pascal to keep Reagan company and now our favorite lizard goes every where with us. 




We created so many great memories at Disney and I am already looking forward to our next trip. (I haven't mentioned this to Steve yet)


  "I don't want the public to see the world the world they live in while they're in the park. I want them to feel they're in another world. " Walt Disney

Well done, Mr. Disney. 





1 comment:

  1. Well done, indeed! And well done, Mary. Sharing your memories ala Disney style!!! Since you haven't mentioned the next trip to Steve yet, can we go ahead and arrange me coming along:) It's a wonderful place through the eyes of a child(ren)... and the mother who loves them!!! SO NICE Mary! Love, Aunt Cherry

    ReplyDelete