Friday, March 8, 2013

La Vida Loca

I feel like the last two weeks have been nothing but a blur in my mind. Life has been crazy busy and when I stop to think about it; it wares me out all over again. But notable things happened during those two weeks that- I do want to remember.
It all started with the Circus. (You can read about that here).
The next morning Mason had his kindergarten assessment for SJN.  (We still haven't heard back but when I do, I'll write more about it) And we celebrated Dr. Suess's birthday!


That afternoon, I left for Asheville and ADPI's DLC DII. It was a great weekend with my sisters, but exhausting- my roomie and I must have thought we were back in college because we stayed up both nights until 2:30 in the morning talking (and we had to get up early the next days) my poor body has not seen those type of nights in a long time.I got home on Sunday and started to get back into our normal routine. Then Thursday hit, Reagan had a Barium Enema schedule to hopefully find some answers to her tummy issues. (I haven't written much about her belly because honestly, I don't want her to hate me for writing a blog about her childhood when she is older) So I'll leave it at tummy issues. She did awesome. She is an extremely strong little girl and I can't wait to see all the amazing things she will do in the future.  She loved her "You rocked your enema gift- a Tangled doll!"
 
The FOLLOWING night, my two besties from college came up for the George Strait concert- Abby had pictures of George hanging in her dorm every year. So when I heard his farewell tour was coming to Knoxville, I knew we needed to go! It was great spending an evening with them that lasted way into the early morning (seriously two weekends in a row?!?!?)

 In the midst of all this- the yuck that has been going around finally caught up with us. I thought I was just tired, but then the sore throat, yuckiness kicked in. Instead of sleeping- I caught up on some sewing. (I know I have a problem but I just needed to get some stuff done) At least Reagan's Doc McStuffins shirt is complete.

Sunday and Monday I had meetings at UT so Steve pulled single parent duties again. (I won't even count how many nights this made in the past two weeks he had the kids alone) He is an awesome dad and wonderful husband and I can't thank him enough for supporting me and all my volunteering madness. And I love that I came home to Steve and the kids baking cookies. 


 
 So I took Thursday to play catch up- on laundry, the house, getting everything back in order. And I look over to see Reagan mastering her Doc McStuffin's puzzle by herself.  She was so proud of herself and I just stopped. Stopped rushing, stopped multitasking to enjoy this accomplishment with her.


 And then this happened and honestly in that moment, I couldn't thank God enough for all the blessings in my busy, crazy, wonderful life.

My cup runs over.




1 comment:

  1. Yes indeed, your cup runs over! And you remembered the important things that fill it! I'm so proud of you sweet girl!!! Love, Aunt Cherry

    ReplyDelete