Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Parade

Last Friday night, we braved the cold and headed out to the downtown Knoxville Christmas Parade. I wanted to go last year but Reagan was just 6 months old and it was so cold, that we decided to hold off another year. I am glad we went this year. I think Steve thought I was crazy when I picked him up from work at 5 pm (the parade started at 7) but by the time we got there, it was 5:45 and there were a TON of people there. We still got a good spot but we were farther down the parade route then I would have thought. We brought blankets to sit on and cover our laps and Steve and Mason ran and picked up dinner while Reagan and I guarded our spots. Before we knew it the parade began and Mason and Reagan LOVED it. I have to say the most magical thing it seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child. They were both filled with such amazement and excitement. Mason kept saying, "mommy, it is so beautiful," and not a float went by that Reagan didn't wave at or say hi too. They both loved it and I see it becoming a family tradition. Reagan refused to nap that day so you can imagine when we got in the car at 8:45 she immediately feel asleep.

She was so excited for the parade to start.

Steve, Mason and Reagan enjoying some blue coast.

Some of the floats.

I am usually taking the pictures but I thought it might be nice to actually have a picture of me and the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment