Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday Crafting

Before having kids, I loved to craft. It filled my soul, gave me a sense of peace and honestly was fun. Once Mason was born, I tried to keep up but it slowly dwindled. After Reagan, it was a sinking ship. I mean chasing two toddlers and trying to craft?! I did some things on the side and while yes I enjoyed it, it was also typically last minute and rushed and that sense of peace and fun wasn't completely there. Well, 19 months after her birth and I feel like I am starting to remember how to swim, so I decided this month to go all out crafty and enjoy it. I took my time, and incorporated Mason. I figured if I really liked it, maybe he would too.

First up- Oreo Truffles. I found the recipe and printable here. I love that the TomKat Studio has free printables and really good, easy ideas. I had never had Oreo Truffles so I made them for Mom's Night IN (a cookie exchange) as a test run to see if I wanted to make them as Christmas presents. They are DEEE-LISH! Seriously. Try them. Mason was super pumped to work the food chopper with the oreos. He was concerned that the whole bag of oreo's was being chopped. I did the rest, but he was pleased to help and for me that was enough to make the whole experience worth while! Here is our final product and since presentation is 90% I added pics of that as well. We gave these to Mason's teacher (along with some other things), the director and assistant director of his school, and his speech therapist. Even though we finished therapy- he has done so awesome since then that we wanted to say thanks.

This little box was in the dollar bin at Target. I love the peek-a-boo window.
Not just a box of chocolates. We made those! It was fun to drizzle chocolate on them or sprinkle them with crushed oreo's and look at how NICE they look.

I loved having them all ready to go and lined up.


Then today, we decided to make Reindeer Food for the kids in his class. (I am hoping they didn't do this in class, but Mason said no, so I believed him) Again, TomKat came through with a free printable here.
We only used oats and glitter. Mason measured and poured the oats into every bag and then I added the glitter, he held the bag while I tied the ribbon. This year he discovered candy canes so we added one to each bag as a little something for the kids too. Mason is very excited to hand these out tomorrow.

All our reindeer food lined up and ready to go!

He was a little preoccupied with a show, but he wanted to show off the final product.

I like the candy cane hanging from the bag.

And this printable. Totally made my packaging!
Happy Holiday Crafting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment