Friday, May 21, 2010

Day with Dad

Steve decided to take Tuesday off to hang out with us (his mom was in town visiting) and both Reagan and I had doctors appointments so I decided to plan something fun. I always get to do awesome outings with Mason- museums, the zoo, parks, but on the weekends these things are always over crowded so we tend to avoid them. Since it was a weekday we decided to head to the local kids museum (a Mason favorite) for dad to experience his son's total excitement over little things. It was a great day- Mason ran from the water area, to the light brite wall, to the train set- showing off all the cool things he enjoys to his buddy, Dad. My heart melted- I got to sit back and watch my two favorite guys bond over trucks and boats. Mason was so proud of all the things "he" got to show dad and together they conquered the tree house. (something I had not attempted especially since I have been pregnant for almost all of our outings to the museum.


I can't say it enough- my cup runneth over. I have two amazing kids and a wonderful, support husband who loves spending time with us and introducing our little guy to so many new things. I feel blessed that Steve works for a company that gives dad's a month paternity leave. He is taking his in June and I can't wait for us to be able to spend time together- enjoying the weather and all that Seattle has to offer when the sun comes out. Plus, having an extra set of hands will help since I am out numbered. HA!


Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the museum:

Dad and Mason at the water table- this is seconds before Mason turned the pipe toward himself and he was covered in water!





Looking down from the tree house.

Pointing out mom from the tree house- once he was up there, he didn't want to come down!

Mason showing dad how to ride Rody!


Note the trucks in his hands. Mason is in love with cars and trucks. He carries them everywhere- no matter what he is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment