Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Berry Pickin'

Today our playgroup went to a local you pick farm to pick blueberries. This was my first time taking Mason and Reagan to a you pick farm and we had a blast. I had to work with Mason to get him to understand to only pick the blue/purple ones. Our first bush was pretty picked over so he was having a hard time, but once we hit a bush that hadn't been picked yet and was overflowing with berries- he totally knew what to do. He became a real pro at picking one putting it in the bucket, picking another eating it. Reagan also enjoyed "taste testing" some berries and when I quit giving them to her- she started eating them off the ground. My que it was time to go!
Overall, a fabulous morning- although I do have to say that humidity can get to you. It was hot. I think when we left it was 89 degrees and poor Mason and Reagan are still Seattle babies- Reagan was soaking.

Mason at the beginning of our adventure!

Reagan trying to decide what she thinks of the blueberry bushes.

She decided she liked it, and eating the berries.

Mason trying his hand at pickin'

The fruits of our labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment