Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July Weekend

We had an amazing weekend-we spent it at my parents house in Belvidere. It was a great time FULL of family, laughter and fun :) Steve took off today so we didn't have to head home on the 4th which was nice. Saturday was spent hanging out at the house and finishing up some projects, while Sunday and Monday were spent on the lake! Mason and Reagan both LOVED the water and had a blast soaking up some rays. I loved getting to watch them and Mason's new favorite toy is a the Nemo noodle- he pretends to fish with it and SURPRISE it already has a fish! HA! I love that boy. Reagan almost fell asleep in the water a couple of times- she seemed so relaxed even with the big ole' life jacket.

The 3 of us in the water. (yes Reagan is in a floaty and life jacket) She was WAY over water safety but I was happy to know she wasn't going anywhere.

Mason, Reagan, and dad hanging out on the dock. Yes, that is a hug.

My sister, Mel and her family came in from AZ and our kiddos had a blast hanging with their cousins, Emily and Erin. For the 4th we got to spend time with grandma, grandpa, and gram. (all three of the grandparents) I love getting to see Mason and Reagan's relationships form with our parents. We then headed over to my aunts for dinner. My parents live out in the country so we headed back before fireworks started since the kids had been out on the water, they were whipped and didn't hear a thing!

I know she won't let me dress her forever so I decided to embrace the time I do have and put her in a red and white striped tutu. LOVE it!

My niece, Erin loved the tutu so much she asked me to make her one too. I couldn't resist and this is one of my favorite pictures.

Happy 4th from our family to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment