Saturday, December 22, 2012

Preschool Christmas program

Friday, December 14th around 9:30 a.m. Mason's preschool held their Christmas program. It was great- Reagan clapped and cheered on brother, and Mason happily sang along even remembering to hold up his prop (the Christmas tree) when he was supposed too. It was a wonderful morning and a great way for us to gear up for the holidays.

At that same exact time a town in Connecticut was forever changed. We all know the details, heard the stories, shed tears, and grieved in our own way. I hesitated posting about Mason's program because I felt guilty, while I was celebrating my children- other parent's were learning the fate of their very own. I don't understand how it happened. I don't know that I ever will. However, more than anything it reminded me how precious life is. I think about the mornings we are running late, the mornings I rush things along, or the days I get frustrated when it takes a reminder, or two, or three before Mason puts on his shoes. I am so thankful I have another day to stop, slow down, kiss my kiddos again and continue my journey to learn patience, remembering that they are only little for a short time and then it's gone, so enjoy it. Enjoy the moments-the ones that I typically try to rush along so I can mark something off my to do list. I won't get them back.  And while I still mourn for those families who are coping with their new normal, I am grateful for all the blessings in my life, most importantly the two that call me mom.

So without further ado. Mason's Preschool program. (Each class makes their shirt last year he was a snowman- this year a penguin.) This year they performed on the stage which was decorated for Santa, who made his appearance at the end of the program.


The 4's, Pre-K, and Kindergarten classes.
 Most of Mason's class walking in.
 Mason and his two best buds.
 I love these boys.
 One.proud.sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment