Monday, December 3, 2012

Catch up

I feel like a lot has happened that I haven't blogged about so pardon this post, it's a bit of a catch all.

I haven't wanted to mention it for a while just to make sure it was completely gone, but we are 18 days without it so I know it's gone for good.
 Binky, you will be missed.
I didn't know if we were ready, but one night while I was out, Steve put Reagan to bed without it, and she fell asleep. I didn't think she would do it but she did. It was a Friday, so that weekend, we didn't nap (we usually don't on the weekends) to ensure she was extra tired and she kept falling asleep without it. Monday afternoon, the kids and I headed to my parents for thanksgiving and I thought this is great- she's over it. But Tuesday night she started asking for it, constantly. Luckily I didn't bring one. I knew if I did, I would give in. So Wednesday morning, I told her binky was gone, we forgot him at home, but we could get something to replace it. So we went and picked out a Pinkie Pie stuffed pony. And she clung to that thing for days, but every time she asked for binky I reminded her we had pinkie pie and by the time we got home, she quit asking.  I am truly happy we are done with binky- they quit making the one she liked and I was worried those things were getting old and probably a bit gross. But I also know this means we are one step closer to being a big girl and to me she is still my little girl.

this is one of our last pictures with binky. Bink went with us to Disney in October and they were inseparable. It was then I thought this isn't happening any time soon. But she'll surprise you when you least expect it. 

She will tell she is half big girl/half little girl since she is still in diapers. But i know the truth- she's growing up and I can't stop her so I'll just enjoy the ride.
Reagan lovin' on Pinkie Pie. She still carries her a lot but the death grip is gone. 
 (side story- on the day we went to get Pinkie Pie, Mason said he needed to get a toy too to replace dad since he wasn't with us and he missed him. It was a bit of a stretch but I have to give him props for creativity. Of course I had planned on letting him pick a little something out since he was being a trooper with Reagan but I had to laugh that he came up with such a great story!)

 This past month- Reagan has also started to LIKE me fixing her hair. I could do it before but it was a struggle. However, now she requests hairstyles and has even named them:
pony tail = Cinderella hair; 2 pig tails = strawberry short cake hair; 2 braids = Doc McStuffins hair. 
A mom has to do what a mom has to do. HA!


The tree is up! I love this age. Both Mason and Reagan are so intrigued by the magic that is Christmas.  Every morning they run to the tree and remind me how beautiful it is. It brings back so much magic for me as well. Thank you, you two for giving me such a wonderful gift.





1 comment:

  1. LIKED catching up! Love Mason's creativity with his story for his toy:) Christmas is SO WONDERFUL with children around! Thanks for sharing your two! Love, Aunt Cherry

    ReplyDelete