Saturday, July 18, 2009

11 months... a year is around the corner!



Today is a great day for the Marlowe family! First, it is Steve's first fathers day, Mason is 11 months old, and I am 29- my last year in the 20's! We are having a pretty low key day, preparing for our trip to TN and just enjoying each other!
I can't believe Mason is 11 months old! For those of you who we will see in the next two weeks- he is no longer a baby. He is a little boy- get ready! I held him yesterday and it was the first time I realized he is really growing up. He has his own little personality, and his little body is getting longer and making him look like a little guy. It is amazing how fast these past 11 months have gone. As you saw from the video I sent a couple weeks back- June has been a cruising month for us! Mason is everywhere- he crawls all around, follows you if you leave the room, attempts to climb stairs, stands in his crib ( more than he sleeps in it these days) and babbles all day long. He LOVES to say "dad" and has also said "hi" and "dog". Steve works on "mommy" all the time, but I typically only hear it when he is hurt, overtirred, etc. That's okay though- I know he will say it in his time. Mason is still doing really well eating solids. He has pretty much given up purees (except applesauce) He LOVES cheese, yogurt, and all fruit. This past week he tried red peppers and brusselsprouts and he liked them both! We are trying to expose him to as many fruits and veggies as we can while he is still young and developing his tastebuds. It is nice that now when we cook Mason can pretty much eat everything we do and it encourages us to try to new things. We still haven't cooked swiss chard but it is on my list to try so if anyone has a great reciepe please sahre. We have so many farmers markets that have such neat things I feel like while we have access to them we might as well try them. We have enjoyed the past 29 days of NO RAIN (a seattle record) and Mason and I spend as much time outside as we can. We go for long walks with other mom friends and swing in the yard to soak up the sun!
I have a request if you are interested in helping- for Mason's birthday I am going to make a photobook from his first year and I wanted to include wishes from everyone. So if you want to send Mason a wish, please email it to me. As an example, some wishes I have for Mason are that he leaves the world a better place, that he finds the good in everyone he meets, and that he finds love and happiness in life. They can be anything but I thought it would be neat to include them from friends and family as well. I know he won't understand the book now, but I hope one day down the road it will mean something to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment