Saturday, July 18, 2009

8 Months and a couple of weeks




I know this is a little late but better late than never. March was a great month for Mason! He has really come into his personality and it is fun to see who is becoming everyday. He loves to have books read to him and flipping the pages, playing either with us or by himself, watching Bailey and Jack, and intereacting with all his little friends. I think they have discovered that there are other little people like them! He also have found a new love- paper- especially my grocery list! Twice, I have missed things on the list because after Mason got a hold of it- it was too wet to read. He is becoming a little ham bone! Anytime anyone shows him any type of attention he smiles, laughs, and just eats it up!
We went to a toddler carnival in early march- we knew he was too young for most of the activities, but it was a great way to spend a rainy Saturday and we got to check out some of the local toddler groups. He got his face painted- it was supposed to be a rainbow but mr. wiggle worm kept moving so it was pretty abstract. Mason finally cut his first tooth- it is still really tiny and hard to see, but you can feel it (which is all that matters!) Steve and I also became annual pass members to the space needle when they were having an online sale for memberships so this month, Mason and I took our first trip to the top of the needle. Mason enjoyed the elevator ride up (which is my least favorite part) but we had a great time.
Finally, my mom came to visit this past week! (Which is also the part of the delay of the monthly update- we were having too much fun to be on the internet) Mason and grandma had a great time and it was a wonderful treat for me too! March was the coldest march on history in Seattle (since 1976- that might as well be forever!) and I needed a good dose of mom sunshine. We put her on a plane today and she is safe and sound back in Tennessee. While she was here, we also found Mason's outfit for Bryan's (Steve's brother's) wedding. he is going to be too cute! Let's just say he has shoes- I know your excited to see them but you'll have to wait for next month. Well I think that is about all for this month. We can't wait to see a bunch of you at the end of April when we are down in Tennessee. If you can believe it, the school madness has already begun. My mom and I stood outside in the rain for an hour to get Mason into a toddler group for next year- the best part three of our friends are in the same class! It may sound crazy, but our parent baby classes at the hospital end at one year and we truly enjoy this weekly outting so we are excited for it to continue next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment