Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Mason

So it's official. Mason is 1. I can't believe how fast this year has gone and how different my perspective on life, parenting, and love have changed in just one year. We had a great day today. During our vacation to Tennessee, we had Mason's birthday party, so we decided today to host a playdate in the park and invite some friends to just come hang with us. It was an amazing day. I looked out on my mom friends and realized that without Mason, I wouldn't know any of these wonderful women! We have gotten each other through some rough patches and I always appreciate knowing I am not the only "blank" is happening to! (Insert lack of sleep, rolling over during diaper changes, standing up to sleep, or countless other things that just pop up in the "blank!")
I was also very happy Steve was able to pop over to the park to celebrate with us! I feel so blessed that he is so involved in Mason's life and that he wants to be there for all the little things as well as the bigger things!
It was HOT today in Seattle. So hot, that the icing on the cupcakes melted more rapidly than I could have ever imagine. Mason enjoyed putting his hands in the cupcake and smearing it anywhere he could! He was a lot more messy today than he was when he was in Tennessee. (Plus he destroyed my outfit!)

Since Steve and a couple other dad's were able to make it, we took the opportunity to have a group picture taken of us! It's hard to get everyone together and looking the same direction but we did our best. Erika had already left and Paige hadn't made it yet but for the most part these were Mason's party guests!
Thank you for all your love and support this year. Mason, mommy and daddy love you and can't wait to see what adventures our future holds!

1 comment:

  1. Mary-
    Mason is absolutely adorable!! One day, I hope to get to meet the little cutie! Glad I found your blog (I found you through Amanda Jacobs), I'll add it to my list!!!
    Follow mine at awalkwiththewards.blogspot.com
    Take Care,
    Chea

    ReplyDelete