Saturday, July 18, 2009

9 months of Mason



I know it is May 1st so this update is almost two weeks late, but we have had a BUSY couple of weeks. We left on April 18th to head to TN for a vacation, but mostly for Steve's brothers wedding. I can't believe how fast the time in TN went. We got to Chattanooga for a day to visit with Abby and LeAnn (my best friends from college) and their families! We had a great time, enjoying the aquarium and lunch at one of the best places to eat in downtown Chattanooga (Big River). The day was even more special because we got to hang out with LeAnn's kids (they have grown up so fast) and we got to see our first glimpse of pregnant Abby! She is expecting in October and we couldn't be happier for her! The next day we headed to Nashville, to visit with Steve's Great Aunts Alice and Irene. We drove up with Bryan, Michelle, and Pat, and although the day went by quickly is was great to see Alice and Irene and let Mason meet his Great Great Aunts! The weather in TN was beautiful and we were all able to wear shorts, let Mason go without a hat and sit outside for hours on end! Towards the end of the week- my sister, Les and her two children came down to spend a couple days with us and we had an incredible time. Mason was in awe of little kids who could move and were interested in playing with him. I think Thomas, my nephew, enjoyed Mason a lot more this visit, since in November, Mason wasn't even sitting up by himself. By Thursday afternoon, the wedding festivities had begun, with a cookout for family, the rehearsal on Friday and the big day on Saturday. Mason was a trooper through it all and even went close to 7 hours without a nap on Saturday, he passed out at the reception in the arms of a church friend. He enjoyed seeing all his Short and Marlowe relatives and found a new best bud in his cousin, Little Johnny (who is no longer little- he grew up too!) Our trip ended with an Austin afternoon! Most of my dad's sisters and his parents came over and we had lunch and visited for quite sometime. For me, the highlight of the trip was all of family and friends we were able to spend so much time with! I miss quick trips back to Belvidere for the weekend and to have that back, even if only for a short time was a blessing!
As for the beginning of April, time just kept turning! We had a wonderful first easter as a family and Mason went for his 9 month check up- his pediatrician says he is doing great. He weighed in at 19 pounds 12 ounces(25-50%) , 28 1/2 inches long (50-75%) and well his head circumfrence I can't remember but it was in the 75-90% percentile! We are ready for summer and are enjoying the sun breaks we recieve here in the northwest. We are already planning our next trip back home and this time it will have an Atlanta stop as well. We want to try to keep up with as many people as we can! (That will be end of June to early July). Since returning home, Mason has begun really showing signs he is ready to crawl. He is now crawling backwards and I think in the next few weeks we will have to babyproof and my world is going to change! The boy is ready to get around.
I want to keep these short but some people have emailed back asking how Steve and I are doing since you typically only hear about Mason. Well, we are both doing great. Steve is still at Microsoft and has a new boss who he really likes. He is ready for summer and for the rain to stop (aren't we all!) He has really taken to fatherhood and I love watching my two guys hang out together! As for me, I am doing great as well. Mason and I attend a moms weekly bible study and I am really enjoying the time and fellowship with other moms. I have also started working out three times a week and I have to say that hour to myself is a blessing! Not only do I enjoy the phyical activitiy, but for me that personal time is priceless. I am still making cards and have found a renewed energy for embrodiering! I savor my time as a mom, but as with anything, balance is key. It is nice to have a few activities that are just mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment